Hi Mike,
Have no fear the Linux installation of my games will be as easy as
installing them on Windows if not a bit easier. On Ubuntu 8.04 it a
typical installation might go like this.

1. Press alt+f1 for the applications menu, arrow to accessories, and
press enter on the terminal icon.
2. Install the Sun java runtime environment by doing
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
3. Install the game you just downloaded by doing a
sudo dpkg -i mota-1.0-i386.deb
and press enter.

However, given the number of different Linux operating systems out there
I might want to write a custom installer in C that asks you some basic
questions about your setup. For example, which brand of Linux are you
using Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, Suse, or other? Do you want an icon on
your desktop? Do you want a program launcher icon installed to the Gnome
Applications pull down menu? Do you want files installed to /usr?
When i think about it the second option might be better. This way it is
not package manager dependant, and it allows you to customize your
installation to a degree.
Cheers.

Mike Reiser wrote:
> SOunds great.  One request, please make the game easy to install on
> linux.  Too often the new linux user has to compile sources and I think
> the installer should be as automatic as it is on windows.  Just my thought.
>
> Mike

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]