Hi,
What is so complex about typing in an install command like
sudo apt-get install package name?
What that command does is it requests package x from the Ubuntu package
service, goes out to the web finds the package, downloads, and installs
it without any further questions or input from you in most cases.
What I like about Linux package managers like apt-get is it recognizes
that some required dependancy is missing and will automatically attempt
to retrieve it and install it from the Ubuntu package pool on the web
before proceeding with the install. When you uninstall a package you can
optionally have it remove not only the app, but have it pull any
dependancies that are not being shared by other applications. I can
assure you in this respect Linux add and remove processes tend to be
more stable and slick than Microsoft setup installer installations.
However, as I did mention there are a few different package managers out
there besides dpkg so creating your own custom installer using Python,
c++, etc might be easier than making different packages for different
Linux operating systems.