Hi James,
In a typical Windows application like Notepad, Word, Works, etc you would be absolutely correct. That is because of the way the Windows keyboard event mottle was designed. It was designed for only one keyboard input device. However, Microsoft's DirectX technology is quite a bit different in how it handles input from keyboards, mice, and joysticks. It completely skips the Windows event mottle and polls the device or devices directly. You can enumerate several devices in DirectInput and create an instance for each device found. So I think it could be possible to use multiple keyboards using DirectX though I myself have never actually tried to do it. If I can enumerate a list of keyboards DirectInput would then handle them as totally separate input devices and not try and treat them as the same device.

James Homuth wrote:
Just because you can connect 2 keyboards doesn't mean you can use both at
the same time.  They both control the same cursors, so will be fighting each
other for control. It's not a game-specific problem.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]