Hi,
Yeah, I'd say so. You missed some of the coolest games in classic
gaming history. Prince of Persia, Megaman, and Castlevania topped my
top 10 favorite games of all time. They also all happen to be great
examples of side-scrollers.
One of the things that was cool and a pain about Megaman was the
vanishing platforms. You would have to really time your jumps just
right or one would vanish before you made it across the level or you
sometimes had to jump back and forth from platform to platform until
the correct platform appeared. That frickin trap use to drive me nuts.
Lol!