Hi Dark,
Yeah, I am a pretty big Megaman fan myself. Fortunately I have done
some copyright research involving that game and I think there are ways
of getting around or at least side-stepping any copyright issues with
an accessible clone of that series. As a result one of the game ideas
that is currently being drafted in my ideas.txt file is something
similar to Megaman. Not to mention with Mysteries of the Ancients
being a side-scroller itself the engine could be reused to design
other classic side-scroller style games like Megaman or Castlevania.
Though, all of that is future tense. I can't really look into anything
else until MOTA And Raceway are completed. Grrrrrr....