Another one where the sound alone is freaky is silent hill. And the story line messes with your head. I'd love to see something like that too ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 8:56 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Eternal Darkness was wii, xbox 360...

Hi Bryan,
Well, given the fact that Eternal Darkness is so freeky with just the audio, let alone the vidio, it should be more than possible for an audio game developer to create a line of horror games along the same lines as Eternal Darkness. In fact the lack of vidio, all audio, could be seen as a plus by some gamers. After all what is more terrifying than being alone in the dark with something evil after you? Bottom line I guess a lot would depend on the developers skill in creating a very spooky audio environment. For me the music wouldn't be a big problem. Thjough I'd need a definative plot, characters, and some darn chilling sounds to pull a game off that equals Eternal Darkness. Grin.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Well that's what I meant. It won't so much as scare you as creep you out and seriously disturb you. And the music, where it appears, is pretty darn catchy as well, particularly the battle with the Greater Gardian and the final battle. I realize it would be extremely difficult to say the least to make it possible, but that's a style of game I'd love to see made in audio.