Hi Dark

  Ancient Domains was one of my first accessible rpg's that I played.
Granted there is a steep learning curve as to the commands and all the
different symbols.
*snip*
there is absolutely no way of tracking them without using your look command
to wander the hole screen.
*snip*
Very true this is especially annoying when you are attempting to track a few
of the villagers.  I've sometimes used the JFW curser to track them instead
of the look command.
*snip*
I haven't for example been able to find the village elder at all, and only
once have I found the sherrif.
*snip*
The elder is in a small building with a door facing [I'm guessing here]
south.  As for the sheriff he's one of those wandering '@' signs.  I know of
two other quests in the village.  There is one you can get from a child, and
also a baby dragon though I don't know as these show in each game.
*snip*
It would be really useful if a basic coordinate system could be added which
would alert you of the relative coordinates of objects around you,
specifically monsters, items, doors and stairways, also a coordinates system
for when using the look command.
*snip*
  I'd also like to see Thomas Bisup implement a 'go to' command like Nethack
has, it would make getting to an exit much simpler.

*snip*
Just my thoughts. I might well contact the dev on this, sinse compared to my
nethack experience adom is incredibly accessible.
*snip*
 He does seem quite open to suggestion for improving the game from what I've
seen.  I've spent many hours with it over the years.

All the best
Ron