There should be a link that takes you to my page, which has a games pack file--lots of games for the PM there. In that file is the nethack folder, and in that should be a sounds folder. Then, cut and paste the descriptors for the sounds to the end of your defaults.nh file and you should be set, but make sure you modify the directory specified at the beginning of the sounds area. I have recently had to reformat my hard drive so I don't even have Nethack on my PC right now, but I will eventually and then I'll add the sound pack and make a file suitable for the PC, but in the meantime it won't be too much work to get the patterns from the PM. You can also google nethack sound pack and come up with two different ones. Combine them into one and you'll have what I did. Of course, you could also wait around for me to send it somewhere--someone (forgive me for not remembering currently, it's 3 a.m. here,) is going to give me a subdomain on their site and I'll post it there when he does. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Zachary Kline" <kli...@onid.orst.edu>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] nethack: was Adon

Hi Ken,
This could just be me, but I'm not finding the sound pack on the braillesoft web site. I do love the idea of a sound pack for Nethack, not least because I find the Windows version a little difficult to play without a Braille display, due to Window-Eye's poor handling of cursor tracking.
Best,
Zack.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken" <kenwdow...@neo.rr.com>