From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] [Spam] Re: Adon

Hi Ron.

The problem I found with Nethack was one of time.

It took so long to determine A, where my character was in relation to the
environment, B, what all the objects around me were, and C, what I could
then do about them, that the game just took far long to play, especially
when i'd been around a bit and the screen was getting crowded.

Adom however seems much more reliant upon text messages and the look command
is a godsend.

Actually If the developer would introduce some sort of coordinates system
which you could check, pluss some alerts and ways of checking for the
locations of various objects, I atually think the game could be played
without reference to the aski at all, just using the look command and
coordinates, which would be fantastic given the complexity of the game.

In the village I'm having real trouble just locating the elder for example,
though obviously he must be there somewhere, if I could just check the
coordinates of people I'm sure I could find him.

I hope the dev gets back to me on this.

Beware the Grue!