Have to agree with ryan here. I was under the impression that it wasn't really up for vote. If the dev says its not ready to be released to the general public, which includes people who pre-ordered the game, then its probably not ready to be released. Odds are the game is in a barely playable stage, with plenty of bugs to be ironed out. I imagine the beta testers will be the people who pre-ordered the game, when the game is in a much more playable stage. I have to say I'm surprised games like entombed are available for general testing. In one sense it helps to have more testers so more bugs can be found, but in another sense it draws out a lot of people who are expecting a full game and don't realize its barely been started. Not meant to be taken personally and not directed at anyone in particular but, there you have it. Just my personal opinion.

From: "Ryan Smith" <computerwi...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:36 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] beta of mysteries of the ancients

Hi,
I personally don't agree  with your point of views. Beta testers need
to know alot about audiogames, and are competent enough to test it
all, and have enough time to do it. (I am not saying you all are
incompetent) Everyone can't be a beta tester, or else what is the
point of it being a beta in the first place. Also, it's certainly not
fun to give code with bugs in it to the public. I am sure any other
person who has ever dealt with code, or released something to the
public would feel the same way I do.  I fully support Tom on what he's
doing. Ultimately, it's up to the developer.  I do not intend to start
a flame, argue, etc, just stating what I think.
-Ryan