Hi Ron,
Thanks. Yes, sometimes you have to trust the developer's judgment about some things like this. I discovered with Montezuma's Revenge there is a lot of good and bad things that can come out of releasing a test build too early to the entire public at large. Yes, I might be able to find a lot more testers, but all too often people just show up wanting to play a free game. I've also learned sometimes those possible testers show up with unrealistic expectations. Such as they see that you can save a game in the documentation, try it, and immediately send off a bug report when it doesn't happen. Although I am fully aware of the issue, and it won't get turned back on until the new Genesis Engine is integrated into MOTA. To put it another way, I have a general idea of when I am going to work on this or that part of the game. I have a schedule in my mind, an order I am doing things in, and it certainly wouldn't help me any if I have x number of gamers asking for this that or the other thing at this point in time. It makes little sense for me to turn on the save game feature right now since the new Genesis engine has some newer classes that aren't compatible with the older classes used in MOTA 0.4. For example, in the latest Genesis Engine I have split the player class into smaller more specific class types. The class Angela Carter uses in 0.5 is the Adventurer3D class which is designed for a more treasure hunting theme. However, previously in 0,.4 and earlier that was a part of the Player3D class. If you save a game in 0.4 and tried to load it in 0.5 it would blow up in your face. So it makes more sense not to let the testers or anyone else save a game until the conversion is complete and is fairly stable.
Smile.

Ron Schamerhorn wrote:
Hi

Well in the end it's up to the dev to determine who helps with the game, and also when it's released Be that to a testing team or the general public.

Ron