Hi Will,
It is definitely not a total loss. In fact one good thing that has come out of this is this is a great opportunity to clean up the code and do some fine tuning I wouldn't do until the game was complete or near so. For example, when a programmer codes they generally don't put their methods or functions in any specific order. They just add them as they create them one after another at least I do. As a result you might get a list of functions like this.

SpeakPlayerScore();
SpeakPlayerHealth();
SpeakPlayerStrength();
SpeakPlayerDirection();

Obviously that is in no specific order other than they are all announcement functions. Normally that is ok, but it can make it hard to find a specific function if they aren't in any order. Since I am working on 0.5 doing a line by line edit, correcting formatting errors, and putting the Windows libraries back into the game I can go ahead and put those functions in order just simply by copying them from the original text file into a new text file, and editing them one at a time to make sure they are using the Windows Genesis Engine instead of the cross platform one. Instead of the above list 0.5 will look something like this.

SpeakPlayerDirection();
SpeakPlayerHealth();
SpeakPlayerScore();
SpeakPlayerStrength();

Ah, much better wouldn't you say? Now, by putting all of my functions in alphabetical order I'll automatically know that SpeakPlayerHealth() follows SpeakPlayerDirection() and so on. Yes, I can use the find command in notepad to find anything i want it is still easier to edit or work on if the related functions are in the same general area.
Smile.

william lomas wrote:
at least mac users can run windows games so it is not all a loss
maybe only raceway and future titles if possible, should be ported to the mac otherwise it means yet more unneccissary delays for yourself thomas in getting even a demo out

regards will