It would have to take into account the many different styles of games one might want to design. No two genres are the same you know, especially in programming I'd imagine. Those days were over after the Atari 2600 line was obsolete.
Can blind folks play therimins? I wanna find out!
----- Original Message ----- From: "william lomas" <lomaswill...@googlemail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA

it is ashame there is not a guide available that learns one who to program audiogames using a certain language

On 31 Jan 2009, at 03:58, Thomas Ward wrote:

Hi Bryan,
Sure. Basically, your source code can be written in any ascii text editor as long as you remember to give it the proper file extention for the programming language you are using such as: *.cs for C- Sharp, *.vb for Visual Basic .NET, *.py for Python, etc. That said there are some advantages to using a full IDE like Visual Studio rather than writing your code in a generic editor like notepad. Visual Studio formats your source code as you type it, has autocompletion, and of course you can select various Windows controls from the toolbox that automatically generates the code for buttons, labels, timers, etc. On the other hand I prefer using textpad or notepad just because I don't have to deal with all the child windows and other visual junk on the screen in Visual Studio.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
Ok so the actual code is written in a plain old text editor like Notepad? I've been wondering about that.