I have done all the vista upgrades within reason.
I have futureproofed 2 computers, one is a hybrid that can run either vista or
xp if chosen to.
Another desktop is updated with the hardware at least.
the main system is broken but I will be gutting it, reformatting it and
upgrading the hardware for this transition.
my digital recorder is updated, my scanner is not because i don't use it much.
Eventually after all the printers die I'd like to get a single network
printer/scanner unit to run of the main router.
On that note the router is updated with wireless.
So as you can see hardware wise I am all ready.
I am using semi uptodate software to.
The only reason I don't jump right in are the screenreader prices.
I am not willing to upgrade a thing I don't use to the fullest anyway.
The hardware cost me about 2000 over the last 3 years, and I was able to buy
that in pieces.
the desktop and router were last year, about 700 so was the recorder making
itabout 900.
the year before that, was the laptop, about 1400.
This next upgrade is another grand for the hardware etc for the new system, I
also am planning to reformat the 160gb drive and have this as a system drive
and have a data drive about 320gb in the box as a second data device.
Now that should all be good.
My next jump will be when well I don't know when.
I have an older system that although semi broke I could get to run for a bit
longer if needed.
Its unlikely if I'd upgrade even then if both systems died.
would be a real bager but I'd get a copy of xp from ebay or something and run
from a desktop if I had to.
who knows though.
The major obsticle to upgrading anything over what I have done is cash, so if I
say got into a propper job I could actually get lagit coppies of some of my
software, mainly office, maybe upgrade the screenreaders to their full versions
for the new systems or at least one system.
But then who knows.
Most of the lagit stuff was given to me, I couldn't afford most of this myself.