All right, you've won me over I think. I just got quite miffed when the upgrade program produced so many errors in Enemy Attack. My goodness, can you imagine how that would play on the wii? Anyway, I'll look into it for sure and start writing again. My brother broke my last computer and, until I get it integrated with the new one, I cannot continue with Wrecking Ball, though I may have put the source for Air Hockey up on my site, I can't remember--unless there is a way to decompile the exe file? I think that both Enemy Attack and Wrecking ball will both be great Wii games. For Enemy attack I'll use the sensor bar for aiming, and since only two or three enemy will be coming at you at once it won't be hard to point and shoot--just like using the mouse. Oh I can't wait to start programming. My only obstacle now is getting a bluetooth adapter and stack that will connect the Wiimotes to the PC--I've heard of many troubles in that regard, and that only the Tashiba Blue Solleil works, and that it's a 30-day trial.
Anyway, back to gaming!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Che" <c...@blindadrenaline.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:06 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] What language for gaming? Was:Re: dark room andprogramming for Wiimotes

 Hi Ken,
Not sure what you mean by vb .net express looked a mass of confusion . Are you referring to the IDE? If so, it takes a bit of time to get used to, but once you do, you will really appreciate the power and abilities it offers you. As for programming any halfway serious audio game, I've looked at a bit of java code, and I'd say visual basic is more or less on level ground with it in terms of difficulty to program, which in my opinion isn't that hard. When I started out in 2005 looking to get into it, I looked long and hard at several options. I thought about C#, but I can do the exact same things without having to warp my brain around there weird syntax and use of odd symbols. Before you C coders out there get bent out of shape, I want you to know I don't care what language you use, same as I don't care what kind of computer you use, for me whatever gets the job done with minimal fuss is what I am going to use, and for me that was vb .net express. I'm not putting down C# or any other language, and if I were doing graphics intensive stuff, I probably would have gone with C# or something similar. I've done about all you can imagine an audio game could use, from joystick inputs, to full featured online play with virtually no lag. All this was done with visual basic .net. The single exception to this is force feedback, which I was not able to put into rail racer, which chapped my stick, and perhaps is fixed by now. I am about to release my second and third commercial games in the last two years, all three of which were built on visual basic, and with virtually no programming experience 4 years ago to speak of. I can't give a higher reccomendation than that for anyone looking to program audio games for the blind. It has taken a lot of time and tenacity, but as the old saying goes, nothing worth doing comes easy. I encourage you to take another look at vb .net, lord knows we need all the good accessible developers out there we can get, and in my humble opinion I think java is going to leave you lacking in the end.
 Later,
Che