Hi,
I'm not saying your idea is a bad one, but I have no plans to add a sword to sword combat system in MOTA at this time. I love realism as best as the next guy, but I also have to begin thinking priorities too. I have pretty much decided June is the cut off date for development on this game, and I'm going to do everything possible to meet that goal. In order to do that I simply can't include every single end user suggestion, desired feature, etc and make it on time. I've still got 9 levels to do, and instead of working on that I have myself buried under a long list of requests and bug fixes for the next week or two. I'll work on bug fixes and as many end user suggestions as I rreasonably can. After that though I want to just get it done and over with.
Smile.

Clement Chou wrote:
On that thought, maybe not. but swords could still be used for the occasional perry, could they not? But because of her guessed stature from the rope-climbing and all, I'd say make it one or two blocks dependent on the strength of the enemy, as in the beat em up sengoku.