I spend the moeny. lols
----- Original Message ----- From: "Che" <c...@blindadrenaline.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] a thought about MOTA

yes, there is no doubt that headphones for a game in stereo allows for the best experience, unless you are into getting bone rattling bass out of your games. I considered doing true surround sound for rail racer, but in asking around it seemed very few gamers out there have dolby 5.1 setups, and even fewer surround headphones. I have a set of medusa surround headphones, and for the main stream games it works with, it is awesome, but I doubt many accessible gamers will be willing to shell out $120 for a set of headphones just for a gee whiz factor.
 Later,
che

 Blind folks voting for republicans is like deer voting for hunters.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com> To: "Charles Rivard" <woofer...@sbcglobal.net>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 9:48 AM

Hi Charles,
Thanks, but that makes me feel a bit guilty. One of the things I imagined when creating the Genesis 3D engine was a full virtual reality in 3d. Not just 3d audio, but an actual 3d environment as well. Personally, from my tests the best way to get the full experience is by using headphones, and if you have a set of 3d headphones the experience is even better. So I didn't really design the engine with speakers in mind although that option is still available of course. Imagine my future games like Tomb Hunter II etc sounding like Shades of Doom with, but in a true 3d environment as well. I guess what I am saying is it is hard to really do what the sighted game companies are doing such as 3d FPS style games and stick to a simple stereo format like MOTA uses. With MOTA that is fine since there is only really left and right to deal with. In other games you will have left, right, foward, backward, up, and down to deal with. That's considerably more to think about and a lot more to listen to. Also trickier to figure out as well.

Charles Rivard wrote:
One of the things that I like about this game is that you do not need to wear a headset to play it well. Hopefully, this trend will continue, because I have always very much preferred using speakers rather than wearing a headset when I play.

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.