Hi all,

Yohandy Asked:
are these medusa headphones available only online? I wouldn't mind going to a store
and trying these out.

Tom Says:
I really don't know if they are available in stores. I can only say I purchased my Medusa headphones from there web site
http://www.medusa-usa.com.
If you have doubts about purchasing them google for reviews. I've seen a lot of glowing reviews for them. I've also seen a few were people thoght they were crap. Most of the time most people who buy them enjoy them.

Yohandy Asked:
is the surround sound audio good?

Tom Says:
Yes. I use them a lot for listening to dvd movies, playing games, and I think the audio quality justifies the rather large price tag on them. I will say here for the record audio quality depends on which model you buy. The Medusa Home Eddition comes with an external amp that plugs into your sound card. From what I have read this works better than the Pro Gamer as they are clearer and you can completely control various sound levels on the amp The Pro Gamer Eddition, the version I have, plugs into a USB port which can get some hum and hiss which is not cool. However, if you use the external AC power adapter rather than the USB port the sound is suppose to be as clear as the Medusa Home Eddition. So I guess it comes down to what you want here. Although, If I had my choice I'd have paid the extra cash and got the Medusa Home Eddition with the external amp.

Yohandy Asked:
also are these headphones wireless?

Tom Says:
The headphones I have are not. You might check their web site, and see if they have a wireless Medusa headset with 5.1 surround sound support.

Yohandy Asked:
and if not, is the  cable durable?

Tom Says:
I think so. The cable is thicker than a cheap set of headphones you pick up at any store, and there is three headphone plugs at the end of the cable. These go into the left, center, and right speaker jacks on a sound card that has full 5.1 surround sound support. The Soundblaster X-Fi comes to mind here. As far as durability goes that depends on the person. If you are careful they should last a very long time. I've had mine a couple of years or so and they still are in good condition. I guess it depends on how much abuse you give them.

Yohandy Asked:
Is the design good? by that
I mean how tough are the headphones?

Tom Says:
They seamto be fairly well made. I can't really complain about there construction.

Yohandy Asked:
are  they comfortable?

Tom Says:
Yes they are. They are well padded, and I can ware them for quite a long time. After a while my ears will feel hot and I need ot take them off for a little while, but otherwise I find them fairly comfortable. I think Speedlink made them to be used for long stretches of time.

Yohandy Asked:
Where can I acquire a  surround sound
sound card, and can they be installed on laptops?

Tom Says:
You should be able to find a ddecent quality sound card at any computer retail store. I am not up on laptop sound cards these days, but I do know Creative Labs does make a PCMCIA version of there Audegy II sound card. It is a great laptop sound card, but that depends if you have a compatible PCMCIA slot for it. Otherwise there are external USB sound cards for laptops floating around.

Yohandy Asked:
should I  get an internal or external
card, and which cardes do you guys recommend?

Tom Says:
Well, my answer would largely depend on the computer, weather it is a laptop or desktop, and weather or not you have a decent sound card already. For desktops I recommend a Soundblaster Audegy or the X-Fi. For laptops I haven't looked into sound cards in a long while and can't really help there.
Smile.