Well I have had a grandpa that had an issue with a printer, an old laserjet
which I managed to solve.
The guy just did not get it that after having to turn it off for 20 minutes and
doodling with things that I had to search the net.
He kept asking if he should throw it away.
Even if that was the case I wasn't just going to chuck with out consulting
someone else etc on it.
If he had his way it would be a new printer and dump the other because its not
working so it gets biffed.