Thomas, maybe this needs to go to the developers list, but is their a program that I can use to create text adventures, complex ones like the adventure game tool kit, but for windows? if so do you know where I can get it, thanks.
Skype lisa12256, come join my chat list at,
lisas-list-subscr...@raineemusic.com
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Releasing Some Old Text Games

Hi Dark,
As I said in my original post all of the games are simple board and card games I created about 10 years ago when I was a student in college. Quite honestly after looking at my own source code I don't think I was a skilled enough programmer back then to even consider anything as complex as an RPG, exploration, or large text adventure. I was an inexperienced programmer just writing games for practice and fun back then. In fact, after reviewing some of the source code i was quite mortified at how inexperienced I was back then. For that reason alone I am strongly considering rewriting afew of them from scratch, since they are small games anyway, and releasing them as completely revised versions. That way I can be sure I don't miss any errors or mistakes I might have made as a studentPlus it gives me practice in doing some triditional C/C++ programming since for the passed 5/6 years I've mainly programmed using one of the .NET languages like C-Sharp and Visual Basic which is very common place these days in the business world. Kind of like going back to my roots as a programmer. As for text based exploration/adventure games since I am getting back into the C/C++ seen maybe I'll write a couple for practice. I've already began the port of the Genesis 3D engine from C-Sharp to C++ so getting into the groove again, getting some practice with C=++, is helpful to refresh myself on the finer points of the language i either forgot or simply haven't used in a long time.
Smile.

dark wrote:
Sounds fun.

What sort of games did you design Tom? Anything exploration based?

Beware the Grue!