Hi Ryan,
Even if I were to add more weapons it wouldn't make the game much easier. The real challenge with this game is that weapons, ammo, etc is based on the games built in random generator. Since items are randomly placed at the start of the game it is the luck of the draw here. The only way to take the luck factor out is to not randomly place items and monsters which would make the game much more boring for sure. Take healing potions for example. I've found up to five potions on level 1 before. Other times I am lucky to find one at all. It is completely random and I never know from game to game or level to level what I'm going to get.

Ryan Conroy wrote:
Tom,

I'm not at all saying make the game easier. I just beat the game, so I know
it's not impossible. The expert level may be, but that's a whole other story.
All I'm saying is, at least for the beginner dificulty make more weapons
available, more things on the ground to pick up, ETC. I don't think people are
thinking about how this is only the first level. If the first level is this
hard, it's only going to get harder from here in out. So, what do you think
level 10 will look like?
Another thing, numbers 8, 9, and 0 don't do anything. Can we have some more
weapons?

Thanks,
Ryan C.