Well, helping from pirating their software is a fail. It just openes some more ways to opent hem, if people use the wrong tools and stuff, it is so easy to crack, one example the NCHSoftware are so so damn easy to crack, allthough I am not using it, I still know how it is done. I am not using it, so I don't have to, but its so easy. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Chittenden" <dchitten...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Crysis!

Hello,

Remember that the registry is extremely intentional by Microsoft to provide a way to help companies keep people from pirating their software. It is also why Windows spreads parts of almost every program around a little on your computer.

David Chittenden, MS, CRC, MRCAA

Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi,
Well, the registry is one of Microsoft's biggest mistakes. If you lose the registry you pretty much lose the entire ball of wax. With Linux every program, including the operating system, stores settings in *.conf files. As long as you make a back up of the conf file in question before editing it chances are you can easily recover and fix whatever changes you made. Most of the time changing one conf file won't result in nuking the entire operating system. Although, there are certain conf files you could screw up the entire operating system with if you weren't careful.

Kevin Weispfennig wrote:
Hi,

yes, I also don't like that with the registry in Windows. Also you can like cheat, and also, crack games. With Mac its not that easy, when it comes down to cracking games.