i am sure if we write the devs can help us make it more accessible

On 16 Oct 2009, at 22:23, David Chittenden wrote:

Hello Dark,

I am on core-exiles as of two days ago. I am now at level 5 and still working my way through the initial missions. I am running Jaws V. 10 on Windows Vista Office and am not experiencing the problems with the web interface which you have discussed here. When I use the scan area, jaws sorts the table out properly. So, after each bit of ship information, the first button is view which allows you to see specific breakdown of shields, armor, hull points, number of weapons and tunnage, and finally the speed of the ship. Then, there is a button labeled engage. Or, you can just hit the attack button. Both buttons are right after the ship description and quite easy to find. Note: I am using Internet Explorer because I could not get Firefox to interact properly with the game.

The only work-around which I need to do is press control-enter any time a link opens a new window. If I do not manually initiate the new window call, the link will not activate.

Try downloading the demo of Jaws and playing the game in a 40 minute slice and see if you still have the same problems with the web interface. It is a very addicting game.

By the way, my captain name is Mystic in the game.

David Chittenden, MS, CRC, MRCAA

dark wrote:
Well i'd recommend it extremely!

Background and story, a huuuuuge! range of in game activities to perform,a a system so balanced it's almost extreme, ---- oh and no! pvp!

You can buy mechs and battle them, but that's really just a minigame. no guild wars, no getting slaughtered by higher players, ---- it's fantastic, ---- until the raiders rogues pirates and bounty hunters do their thing anyway, ;D.

Basically, imagine smugglers four as a continually updating, extremely well put together mmorp instead of a short, progressive completable single player game and you have Core exiles.

The only miner downer is the lack of labled immages. In most cases this just means counting making extra certain you click on the right item, ----- but in the case of the threat wrating shown of various ships which is at the moment only graphical it is quite irritating, ---- sinse you end up just having to learn the ship types and make guesses based on their tonnage, ---- which can be tricky.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.

Beware the grue!

Dark.