Hi Ryan,
No, there really isn't a way to make it all the way through a level without taking any damage. Even if you duck/crouch some of the enemies shots will miss you, but they will quickly adjust their aim and shoot/stab you where you are. So it is best to do a quick duck, stand, jump, etc to try and avoid shots. However, it is very hit or miss. You can avoid some shots and sword attacks, but certainly not all of them. So think of it as trying to minimize the damage, but you can't go without taking a few hits here and there.

HTH

Ryan Strunk wrote:
Hi Tom,

I read in the manual that it is possible to duck attacks from enemies. I
imagine ducking isn't quite as simple and straightforward as it used to be
back when you could just crouch under the Cyclops, but I'm curious how it's
done now. I imagine you don't just run into each room blazing away and hope
that you hurt the enemy worse before he/she hurts you. So with that said,
how do you avoid enemy attacks now? Is it possible to get through the whole
game without taking a hit if you're really talented?

Thanks,
Ryan