Hi Phil,
That works for me. A person might have to give it a few tries before he/she figures out how many turns/clicks are before it closes, but certainly a doable and realistic solution to the problem.

Smile.

Hi Thomas,
In another message I talked about the trap door making a repeating sound a specific number of times. It would be like a wheel with a flat spot that clicks each time it comes around. So you could test the speed of the trap door and count the clicks then the next time get through the door before that number of clicks happen.
That sounds more realistic.
Phil