Hi Scott,
Hmmm...I see. In other words is what you are really thinking of is an easy to use game engine. A sort of game creation tool like BGT or Genesis that allows you to create games using an existing game engine. Just add sounds, music, and the basic functionality is already there fore you.

Smile.

Scott Chesworth wrote:
To clarify my last post with the suggestion, I think level editor was
perhaps the wrong choice of phrase, it really does sway more toward a
mod maker that I'm imagining.  Whatever sound or story you care to put
to it in your mod, it'll still retain the classic arcade style because
of the UI and navigation surely.