Hi folks,

To follow up on the suggestions for mods that I've seen here recently, I'd like to add my thoughts to the discussion. Personally I am not a big fan of mods, for the simple reason that a mod for me is the same as destroying a complete picture that the audio, music and game engine all form together. When I made my sounds I made them for one particular purpose, and if they are taken out of context or replaced by something else it'd break the complete picture in my opinion. This is why I encrypt and package my sounds in the dat file.

I know that a lot of people have quite differing views on this, that a mod is merely a creative outlet for imaginative gamers and in a sense I agree with that, but as the game's audio designer it would make me feel as though my work has been taken apart and twisted in a way.

However, my opinion is merely one of many and I'd love to continue this discussion, as we may be able to come up with some sort of compromise.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall