I agree. I own many games that use this method of registration, but I didn't email the developers for keys. Among them are all the titles made with the GMA engine, railRacer and Judgment day.
Darren Harris wrote:
Right. Yes if the devs make it to difficult for people to use their product
then they just won't bother in the end. I've avoided certain titles for that
reason. As good as lw and tank commander are, it's a pain to put either game
on more than 1 system or if there's an issue with 1 of my pc's and it needs
formatting and reinstalling then yeah it does become a problem and you just
don't bother. So now when any of these blind friendly games come out I tend
to look at their methods of registering the game. If I think it's going to
be too much of a hastle then I simply don't bother because I don't see why I
should have to keep asking and asking for such and such keys all the time,
quite frankly I have better things to do than that.