From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: 27 November 2009 02:31
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Q9 and cracks

personally, whenever I get a game, I copy the E-mail directly to a text
file, save it in my folder ---- imaginatively called game keys, and that
folder, ---- along with just about everything else on my computer's
harddrive which I want to hang on to get's stuck onto my handy backup
external harddrive.

This is a usb drive, which only gets plugged into a computer for purpose of
backing stuff up, and usually just sits in the bottom of my draw.

I Also copy across all the game setup files for good measure, as well as
music, audio, any game information like extra rail racer tracks Interactive
fiction games or lw missions which could be useful, ---- not to mention my
thesis and related materials (which I'd be in real! trouble if I lost).

I even copy across my address book and favourites folders too, sinse finding

all those sites again and organizing them into the folder structure I like
would be a pest.

A lot of these (including the game keys folder), then get coppied onto my
laptop too for safe keeping, ---- in fact the only reason not everything
does is because my laptop only has a 36 gig drive, ---- and my collection of

randomly important stuff has now reached about 40 gigs, ---- which includes
about 16 gigs of music and 10 gigs of audio.

This was why even when my desktop's drive exploded in 2008, it wasn't such a

major deal to replace things.

Personally, I'd recommend this backup method to anyone. No having to keep
cds or anything else messy, no complications with scanning, just one piece
of equipment, which needs plugging in occasionally.

In fact the only real problem with backing stuff up is waiting for folders
to copy across!

Beware the grue!