Hi,
Good luck learning C++; I wish you all the best. It will definitely be frustrating at first but it will be better for you in the long run. I remember long ago when Three-D Velocity was written in Visual BASIC and I converted it to C-Sharp (not exactly C++, but I've had my fair share of C++ nonetheless.) I had 400 and some errors to correct before the code would even compile! In the end it makes you pay more attention to your code, since a lot of things VB lets you do are actually illegal as far as programming standards are concerned. Good for you for taking that leap! Converting your code to a langauge like C++ will also expose a lot of newer technologies like XAudio, DirectX 11, etc. VB6 can only use DirectX 8 as far as I know, so once you port your code to C++ you will have no problem running it on Windows 7 because the program will no longer depend on the VB 6 runtimes which are deprecated libraries in Vista and Seven.
Munawar A. Bijani
"Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard. The heard knowledge is only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj Al-Balagha
mailto:munaw...@gmail.com
http://www.bpcprograms.com