And I must say, all Technoshock ever did was frustrate the living bejesus out of me. I'm all for more challenging audio games but I think the learning curve in TS was way too steep. And I don't even know if the game's even still being worked on anymore. And the ambiance just isn't there either as far as I'm concerned. Of course that's what you get when all your speech in game is synthetic. I mean it would fit if the characters were all machines and things but only then.
Vender: No pizza. Only Khlav Kalash.
----- Original Message ----- From: "James Dietz" <james.j.di...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] shades of doom, anyone?

THere is plenty to help you get used to the game environment.  The
wind and path ambience is wonderful. The best example of navigational
aid in an audio game. If you want step-by-step instructions turn on
the audio navigator in options (press F1).  I just got my key again;
I'm rediscovering what a wonderful game this is.  Technoshock
definitely has the better level designs, but SOD's enemies are far
more threatening and fun to face. Sounds are better than TS though
they're not that great. Man if SOD had the sound track of a mainstream
fps I think it'd be unbeatable.