Hi.

firstly, appologies for the miner absense, I've been away at my parents'
bungalow by the see, which is very nice, ---- but has no net access. i'm
currently considdering doing something slightly drastic, --- -replacing a
computer before! one of mine explodes!

There is nothing wrong with my laptop, it's four years old, and works fine (I'm
writing on it right now). I have however been considdering replacing it with a
netbook.

My laptop has about a 512 mb ram, and only a 32 gig harddrive, ---- which,
given that my current music, audio and games collection comprises about 50 gig,
just won't do. It's also got only 3 hours of battery life on one battery, ----
or six hours if I change batteries mid way through.

I've therefore been considdering upgrading my portable machine to a netbook,
which runs xp, has 10 times the storage capacity, twice the ram, ---- and
seemingly three times the battery life, judging by those I've been looking at
(there was a very nice samsung model I was taken with).

Is there however, anything I've particularly missed, ---- especially concerning
audio games.

I'd assume if a netbook is running xp home, in practical terms it'd function
like a physically smaller, more powerful version of my current laptop, ---- but
i could be wrong?

any advice would be much appreciated.

Beware the grue!