Nope. As a musician and competent guitar player I understand where you're coming from. And I've heard the same as well, about how the thing feels different when playing on an actual drum kit. I wil say though, that if you want to play the drums, rockband is as god as a place as any to start to get coordination! lol. I'll write more later, but right now I need to run. So there's it fo now.