true.
Myself I have not faired to badly neither has my brother he has got a couple
from uni.
my dad hasn't got any at all and I havn't got any in a long time.
I was setting my uncle's system with loads of teens doing what teens do on the
system.
The first time it was so slow I had to reformat.
The second a reformat was the only option really but i wanted to avoid that
since recovery on a dell is not fun at all.
you need to work for 5 hours to get any access at all.
luckily I was able to clear the issues there were a couple.
The deal was not the viruses and spyware and hacked documents.
about 99.9 of that was easy I got it up to specs in 3 hours.
However the big issue was the drives access for mycomputer had been mangled
fully.
that almost got the system formatted.
it took 3 days to locate a working program, a working fix, and then I had to
fix it.
Still fixing that system is not to bad.
I always  score a box of chocolate almands  from my uncle for doing the system.
I also poke around the digital music, in there.
so I get my waight in gold.
the system is the slowest I have ever had, not as bad as my first xp laptop but
quite bad.
still.
msse does a good job with no hidden folders cloging the drive like avg does.
I also like that you can run on lesser systems now.
true I don't have all the extra mail options, etc but since i do secure the
mail for myself and have isp mail as well as check all the folders and such to
make sure I don't have any big issues I do mostly ok.
I get loads of suspicious files but they always get dumped in the trash.
just have to be carefull thats all.