From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:10 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Entombed was Adult games

Indeed Tom.

I'd say this is a floor with lots of rpgs, extremely uninteresting and
undescriptive combat, ---- especially those which rely heavily on hp
mechanics. In the D&D 2nd eddition books I've read, it specifically states
that the hp should be taken as a guide to roleplay and an indicator for what

damage is done and what condition someone is in, not as red that 100 percent

= perfect health, 0 is death, and pretty much everything betwene is the
same.

I do admit the entombed system has taken quite a lot of balancing out, even
up to a couple of versions ago, it was too easy for just about enemy on the
lower floors to one shot a magic based character with a shot to the head or
torso, ---- but sinse Jason added more overall hp for those jobs it's been
working very well and provides great stratogy and realism.

Btw, miner spoiler but some fun! try picking up a severed head then looking
in your equipment list for a rather amusing litle touch which has been in
right from the very early private alphas.

Beware the grue!