Hi Rich,
You said in your message, "if the game doesn't play on an XBox 360,
Wii, or Plastation III the game doesn't exist." It is true that
mainstream game companies seam to be more focused on those three
platforms, but Windows is still a popular gaming platform too.
However, unlike the 1990's when big companies like EA Games were
targeting the PC they have now moved onto the big game consoles
clearing the way for lots of small internet based companies to get a
foot in the door. Now days a lot of PC games are downloaded and sold
online through small game developers. Smuggler's 4 is just an example
of the kind of game that wouldn't have done well in the 1990's  do to
lack of internet access by gamers, but seams to do alright now because
most PC gamers have internet connections and can find and download
games created by manufacturers without a big name label and trademark
attached. In other words there is a huge PC gaming market out there,
but instead of purchasing PC games through Wal-Mart, Best Buy, or a
store like that they are now being written, produced, and sold on line
through smaller internet based companies.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is although the console games are
the most visible don't let that fool you or anyone else into thinking
the PC gaming market is non-existant. I have no facts or figures on
how many of these bashers on Game Spot are into modern PC games, but I
do know there is still a large market for PC games. The fact that
Microsoft continues to develope DirectX and the XNA libraries are in
of itself a testament to how popular PC gaming is. They wouldn't do it
if there was no money involved in it, and there is still a lot to be
made in the mainstream PC gaming market.

Cheers!