well tom I can relate to this.
Its probably why people are encouraging braille devices over computers we start
sounding like them.
I must say poking eyes is a habit I have tried to break.
I also resent some of my other sences at times.
if i feel something in my nose or eyes it seems more annoying than most.
Right now I am hearing cicadas outside.
I get a headake from these things the sighted I have round me including my
parents don't think about it.
I don't want to think about it b but I can hear them just the same and I wish I
didn't.
at night I can hear high pitched tones no one else can.
and ringing.
and although it does help me in some instances which I like I sometimes wish I
could switch the volume down a bit.