Hi.

I must confess while I am totally behind most profanity filters for the
purposes of keeping things accessible to as many people as possible, a line
has to be drawn somewhere.

In my old boarding school they thought the word "belly" was swearing, ----
they even thought "heck!" was. I stil however see no need to pander to this
sort of thing when the majority of people on the street wouold find it
acceptable.

I must say that on the audiogames.net forum, while language filters have
been set for many words (including the F word), there was a moderator
discussion about the word in question a couple of years ago, and it was
decided to remove it from the swearing filter, so it now writes as it
should.

there have been no complaints whatsoever, and  sinse it's a  word I myself
use (I've possibly used it on this list), people have been much more
comfortable allowing it. ---- pluss of course, it is also a word which may
come up in conversationn on other topics rather than as an expletive, ----
in fact the  discussion  about removing it from the  swearing filters was
prompted by discussion of the game desert strike, and  it's use of h/llfire
missiles as a weapon.

thus, while I would certainly agree on keeping profanity down, I do think
there is a reasonable line. Obviously, sinse yo moderate this list and  not
me, such a decision is yours to make and I'll be glad to abide by it, ----
however, i have to confess I don't agree that the H word should in deed be
banned simply because some people find it offensive, ---- would you
considder banning the word "belly?" as well?

Beware the grue!

Dark.

,