Hi Philip,
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I've had two people interested in
doing the voice work for the game, but both pulled out last minute and
weren't able to do it. That's why we ended up with Acapela
Heather.However, I really think when we near  final production I'll
look for someone else to do the voice overs.
As far as your points about synthetic speech I definitely can't argue
with that assessment. No matter how good the synthetic speech is it
really lacks emotion and often makes mistakes. So yes I'm interested
in a human voice actor myself, but having problems finding one who
will see it through to the end.