Hi,
As for the speech files let's hold off on that a while. I'm working on
getting a human to do the menus and such and trimming these files
might be unnecessary.  I mean if you want to do the editing ok, but
right now beta 11 is sort of a temperary release for a lot of things
that are up in the air at this time. I've got multiple things I'm
working on behind the scenes and this is basically the most stable
release I could put out in a timely manner. Were I to hold off until
some of these other things were completed we are looking at another
month or so.
As for keyboard I don't know what is up with that. Frankly I'm getting
a bit sick and tired of hearing about it. I know it doesn't work
right, and I have plans to try and fix it as soon as possible.  Keep
in mind while I used DirectInput in my previous versions it was
Managed DirectX which is totally different in ways from DirectInput 8.
I've never actually worked with the C++ libraries directly before so
I'm learning, experimenting, and testing things to try and get this
working. So be prepared for a few mistakes, errors, and problems until
I get it all figured out on the C++ side of things.
I know several have mentioned, for example, they can no longer
interrupt the speech. I know because I did that on purpose. Every time
I tried interrupting the speech by putting it on its own thread the
game would constantly crash. Removing that speech thread made the
game/engine more stable.  I felt stability was better than convenience
in that case.
So like I said although officially it is beta11 consider it beta 1 in
actuality. It is the first time this new engine has been field tested
and it was released with some bugs and problems which I hadn't been
able to resolve before release. Beta 12 will obviously be better as
well as later releases. Just keep filing those bug reports and sooner
or later we'll get there.

smile.