Hi Shaun,
Yes, Mysteries of the Ancients comes with the latest stable binary for
fmod.dll which is 4.28. It is located in the installation directory.
However, I don't beleive I'll be using it for very much longer anyway.
I've got plans to rewrite the audio core of the engine using something
else.
As for that other stuff Genesis doesn't use all that other stuff. All
it uses is standard Windows core components  like Kernel32.dll,
Shell32.dll, User32.dll, WinMM.dll, etc that comes with every single
copy of Windows. In other words it is completely based on the
Microsoft Win32 API and runs pretty close to the operating system
itself and doesn't require a lot of third-party junk.

Cheers!