Hi Phil,
Right. Although, I haven't played any of them I know there are some
mainstream games  that use player to player voice communication with a
microphone and headphones. That would be really awesome for real time
command and control situations where one player can asign individual
players tasks to carry out, or people can coordinate joint attacks.