I like the magic gems and puzles notion, ---- for instance an ice crystal could give you temporary immunity to fire allowing you to leg it through some inconveneint flames.

However, Having a modern day archaeologist suddenly spouting spells from ancient scrolls she just runs across in a tomb? ----- hmmm, That seems a bit too far out to me especially with guns blazing and bullits flying the rest of the time. Making use of magical devices currently in the tombs, ---- eg, a magic sword gem or key seems okay sinse afterall these are ancient artifacts, but reading spells from scrolls implies that Dr. Carter herself has the ability to cast magic, ---- which just seems bizarre!

Afterall, the lady's name is Angela Carter, ---- not potter! ;D.

Beware the Grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Thoughts About Healing Potions

Hi,
I don't think that would be very hard. To me I think it is more a
matter how far would we actually take this idea. If we put the healing
potions off in a menu by themselves that means we could also put
several different types of potions in that menu like an invincibility
potion or an invisibility potion in there.  In such a case then we are
talking increasing the amount of work involved as well as perhaps
unbalancing the game too much. Yet having a variety of different
potions would make the game a bit more interesting.
Then again, we could do something similar with the scrolls and gems.
Right now they aren't really important items. Just treasure items
really. What if the gemstones were magic stones and could be used to
perform certain magical tasks, or a scroll could be used to cast a new
spell. All kinds of ideas could come from this suggestion of yours.

Smile.