Hi Phil,
Yeah, I understand that, but I thought it would be more enjoyable to be able to play every mission regardless of ship while also maintaining the continuity of the official Star Trek cannon. However, you wouldn't necessarily have to select the mission and then class of ship. You could sselect the class of ship first and have a list of missions available for that specific ship. Either way that would require a lot of extra work dividing missions up by ship class and era. It would be easier to design a couple of different games using a different era in the Star Trek universe then to create missions for specific ships in one game.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Vlasak" <p...@pcsgames.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 7:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Final Conflict and Treck 2000

Hi Thomas,
I agree with Dark that having separate missions could make the Star Trek game more interesting. If you had a mission set in the early era, you could also restrict that mission to the classes of Starships from that time and restrict the player from using later types.
 This would mean picking your StarShip after picking the mission.
Phil