Just a note for those who are interested.
I've updated the chopper patrol port to sfml,
and reposted it at:
http://www.thesiegelsnest.us/mac/chopper_patrol_sfml.zip
I added panning (for the jet, though the sound probably needs replaced since
the default one doesn't pan well)
This was done by simply moving the listener back a little along the Z axis,
which allows the sound to smoothly move from right to left
or left to right without the
jump from one side to the other you get if you leave
the listener at it's default position.

I've also modified the filenames in the load files section, so that
there should now be no changes required to compile properly under case
sensitive file systems
like most linux variants have.  Osx supports case sensitive file systems, but I
never did like those, so I have mine set not to be case sensitive,
so had overlooked this little problem in the initial release.
Anyway, I hope this gives developers some ideas on how to make games
cross-platform,
so there's no more excuse for not making their games multi-os compatible. :)
And, as I mentioned before, I'm perfectly willing to help any developers port
their games to osx/sfml as desired/required.
hth.