well try getting the latest flash it may not be the latest.
you can mostly rely on java flash shockwave and the klite mega codec pack to get buy.
not many things use quicktime thank god.
though, on that note if the ipod didn't have the advantages its gained I wouldn't touch it because of all the baggage it has to be installed with to work.