I will say, even though angry reactions might've been justified, there is no reason, absolutely no reason, that it should've been caried away the way it was. Flame wars were starting everywhere, people attacking james in all sorts of ways and it just got filthy. If I was him, I would've closed too. Though I guess if there's one thing I learned if I were to become a dev would be, always keep people posted on what's going on with the game. The Mortal Kombat 9 boards are in an uproar because WB hasn't posted something in months, whereas marvel vs. capcom 3 has gotten updates officially from capcom every month or so.

Bottom line. I think if we'd al shut up and waited, the games would've come out. I'd rather wait years for a game to come out. Remember, mainstream games take anywhere from five to ten years... marvel vs. capcom 3 took a year to even get announced. Street Fighter IV was the first SF game in ten years, and turned out great. IMO, you get more bang for your buck if you wait for the game... And remember, none knows what the true circumstances of James's going was for... he could've been going through personal issues of all sorts, and a bunch of flaming from a bunch of blind people needless to say didn't help. With ESP, James did prove he could develop good games that were a lot of fun. And honestly, could people not be more considerate? Yes, he has an obligation to finish what he started. But some things in life are more important than making games with which to entertain people.

Sorry for all the errors in my typing. This laptop's keyboard sucks. lol.
-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Bryan Peterson
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 4:14 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Max Shrapnell

I actually liked the story of Monkey Business. As for James nobody really k
nows what he's up to these days, only that so far as we can tell he's no
longer developing, or if he is it's for his personal enjoyment. While I
agree he could have handled things better I don't blame him in the least for

throwing in the towel. People in this community seriously overreacted, even
if their discontentment was justified. But it's people like that who make it

harder on the rest of us and give blind people a bad name. But it's as I've
said before, all we can do is learn from the mistakes he made and do our
best not to repeat them. I for one don't plan on taking preorders on games
or if I do it won't be until I know the game is well and truly on the home
stretch to release.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Petr Bláha" <hammet...@seznam.cz>