Hi,
No, that wasn't the specific trap I was thinking of, but the same
concept applies.
On level 3, Electric Man's, sstage there were a number of colored
blocks that would appear and vanish at random intervals. Some times
you had to jumpback and forth until you got across the screen to the
other side. If the block you were standing on vanished goodbye
Megaman.