Hi Hayden,
Well, the two engines are fairly close. Most of the classes are the
same, and others are similar enough that only miner changes are
required.  As I mentioned earlier the two engines, the Windows version
that uses DirectX and the Linux version that uses SFML, were to a
large part developed at the same time. However, earlier versions of
the Linux engine used SDL, but over the past couple of months I have
converted it to SFML.
The point I want to get at is since July I have worked specifically on
the Linux version of the game engine adding features to it, fixing
bugs, this and that, and then cross compiled it on Windows  for MOTA
beta 14, 15, and 16. Now, that I know SFML has problems with various
vidio drivers for Windows I can't use the cross-platform engine on
Windows. The problem is from a development standpoint the Windows
engine, using DirectX, is three months out of date. Every bug I fixed,
every feature I added, etc to the cross-platform engine is missing
from the DirectX version. What I have to do in order to compile MOTA
beta 16 using the DirectX version of the engine is to upgrade the
engine so that it has all the functions, features, etc as the Linux
version. Make sense?

Cheers!