Hi Ben,

Good question! Because I don't know how accessible this functionality is. So all feedback on this topic is welcome!

When you start the game, there's a configuration dialog. This dialog is not self-voicing or anything, so your screen reader still needs to be activated. The dialog contains two tabs: "graphics" and "input". Click "input" and you'll find a table of all the functions in the game with the primary control scheme and the alternative control scheme. You're supposed to double-click an entry to change a function's control.

Since I don't use a screenreader I've only tested keyboard-accessibility. To change tabs I tabbed towards the tab named "graphics" and than pressed the cursorkey-right, which took me to the tab "input". Then I tried tabbing through the control scheme table but that didn't work. So - can anyone tell me if they can reconfigure the controls of Extant using a screenreader? If it's inaccessible, than that is something we really need to know!

Best regards,

Richard

http://audiogames.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben" <gamehead...@aol.co.uk>